
My Halloween mantle. I've been waiting until October to start showing pictures of it, but it's been decorated two weeks now. I'm thinking about using it for my post banner the rest of the month, but you all would get sick of seeing it, so I'll try to refrain. I will show close-ups as the month progresses.

As I said Saturday, Siobhan of Vintage Mosaic Boutique so kindly gave me the Power Of Schmooze award. Does that mean I'm an a...... uh, that I kis...... uh, nah. Here's what it means.
~~~

As I said Saturday, Siobhan of Vintage Mosaic Boutique so kindly gave me the Power Of Schmooze award. Does that mean I'm an a...... uh, that I kis...... uh, nah. Here's what it means.
I think that's real nice and I'd like to pass it along to.....ummmmm..... Everybody who has ever left me a comment! I'm such a noob, I'm ecstatic when I get 6 or 7 comments on a post, then I see people who are having a bad day if they only get 50. Will I ever be there?
Anyway, I thought I'd go back to my first few posts and see who were my very first commentors. (I'm thinking "commentors" is not a word. Spell check doesn't like it.) I'd like to give these wonderful folks the Power Of Schmooze Award, even if they've gotten it before.
Jayne from Country Cottage Chic. We knew each other from another forum and she's actually why I decided to start my own blog.
Sarah from the Misadventures of Mama and Jack
Sandra at The Nostalgia Fairy
Rhoda at Southern Hospitality
These are just the people who left comments the first couple of weeks of my blog. The folks who found me - somehow - and had compassion on the new blogger. I've made so many new friends the list would be a mile long, so that's the only way I could figure out how not to hurt any feelings.
~~~
Work to be done today:
Ricky will try to finish, or at least get close to finishing, the dining room.
I'll clean the walls at the building prepping it for paint.
Maybe.....MAYBE.....The plan is....... We'll start to paint the building this afternoon!!!
But right now I'm sitting here waiting for the bank to call and tell me why I can't log into the online account thingy and Ricky is digging around trying to find something he's lost. Sigh. And I'm hoping my internet connection will stay up long enough to post this blog. Double sigh.
Ricky will try to finish, or at least get close to finishing, the dining room.
I'll clean the walls at the building prepping it for paint.
Maybe.....MAYBE.....The plan is....... We'll start to paint the building this afternoon!!!
But right now I'm sitting here waiting for the bank to call and tell me why I can't log into the online account thingy and Ricky is digging around trying to find something he's lost. Sigh. And I'm hoping my internet connection will stay up long enough to post this blog. Double sigh.