My blog has moved and changed names!

You will be automatically redirected to the new blog, Just Vintage Home. If that does not occur, visit
http://justvintagehome.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Yesterday's yard sale

I really debated over the wisdom of participating in the antique mall's yard sale yesterday, but had boxes of stuff handy and needed the extra money, so I drug it all up there Friday evening. When I had it set up and priced, I knew it was a mistake. I didn't even have $100 worth of stuff. This is so different from my usual sales. Normally, at home, I have a three car carport full. Literally. We always have three or four rows of tables and more outside the carport. We do have good sales. Yesterday, I had four folding tables full and the most expensive thing I had was $5.00. Not a good sign. But in the end, I sold about a third of my items for a total of $56.00. Now, if you're set up in your front yard under a shade tree or under your carport or in your garage, that's not so bad. Easy to set up and take down. But when you have to travel 30 miles one way, sit in the grueling sun because you don't think about getting an umbrella out of your car and using it, and get blistered, well, that's not so good. I had on 3/4 length sleeves and now have a funny blister line. My nose is red and there's a V shape on my chest. But I did have a pretty good time. Made a new friend, smiled and laughed with a lot of people, saw a few sweet doggies.......

I parked myself near the road. Ricky warned me not to set up near the road, but it's my favorite spot, next to some friends. One of the first times we participated in this sale, he was with me and we stood there and watched as a car had a wreck. Apparently, the driver was looking to see what all the commotion was about and didn't see the car in front of him turning in until it was almost too late. He slammed on the brakes, skidded sideways about 75 yards, straightened out, slammed into the culvert, went airborn straight up with the car's nose pointed skyward, then landed on all four wheels. The driver jumped out, asked if everybody was OK, got back in and drove off! The car that was turning in was the mall owner and his step-daughter. He parked, got out and, with a confused expression asked, "What just happened?" Anyway, we're aware of the danger of being so close to the road, but I like that spot.

We never had a huge influx of people. It was odd. To be on a busy highway, with a sale that had been advertised for weeks. We just had a slow, steady stream. I took a few pictures from my seat during down times.


To my right.
~~~


Across from me and to the right. They were really the smart ones. In the shade all day. But I have seen it where the shade was not the best place to be.
~~~


To my left.
~~~


Across and to the left. There were more people set up around that corner, all along the building. Come to think of it, there weren't as many vendors as usual.

Don't you just love to see pictures of people looking at things at yard sales? Their posture, the thoughtful expressions on their faces..... We can't see this lady's face, but can easily imagine her expression.

~~~~~~~

Tomorrow begins my 15 Days of Horror. Ghost and paranormal stories of of mine, my grandmothers' and my dad's. There will be a story a day from here to Halloween. Should be fun!