
So today starts the 15 Days of Horror. Did anyone notice that from today to Halloween is 16 days? Typical of me, I figured wrong. Now I can't decide whether to split a story in half and call it 16 Days of Horror or just not have a story on Halloween. Everyone will be busy that day, anyway. Hmmm.
Anyone want to join me in telling our stories? If you do, let me know and I'll start a list everyone can see. The one rule, it has to be a true story or stories.
~~~~
**This first story is pretty tame. In a way. They'll get more interesting - and more ghosty - as time progresses.
Have you ever met or just passed by someone who seemed to emit evil? Not some huge, snarly guy in a dark alley, but just someone, normal looking, doing a normal activity. I have a time or two. The most recent encounter was at church. Our church has a program for inmates on work release where, once a month, they are bussed to our church for Sunday morning service and lunch. Some people think this is a wonderful idea, others think the leaders have lost their minds. I won't go into all that. It's not the point. They were there last Sunday. Usually, as they walk in, I look at them and think, that's somebody's sweet son who got mixed up in drugs or shoplifting, or something. I wouldn't be afraid of any one of them. But this one fellow walked by and the first thing that came to my mind was rape. He scared me for the two seconds he walked in front of me. But he is not the subject of this story.
About 10 years ago, my husband and I were headed to Florida for a weekend trip and stopped in Shoney's for breakfast. Before we finished, a man came in and sat across the room from us. He was clean, neat and fairly attractive. There was nothing unusual about his physical appearance or demeanor. He looked like Mr. Anybody. I couldn't see him sitting down, but I think Ricky could see him if he turned his head that direction.
The moment I saw him, I became uneasy. Ready to go. There was something about him that scared me and I only had a 5 second visual, if that! No, he seemed to be emitting evil and it made me very uncomfortable. We were another 10 minutes or so finishing eating and when we left he had just been served. We had to walk past his table and I couldn't get past fast enough. It was if my chest was constricting! Like my whole body had braced itself for an attack, but not a physical attack. Not mental, either. It was a very odd sensation. When we got to the car I asked Ricky if he saw "that man". That's all I had to say. He replied, "The man eating the raw steak? Yeah, I saw him."
Now, of course, eating a rare steak means nothing, but it seemed to have significance with this guy. Ricky had felt ill at ease about him, too. Since we both felt it, there had to be something there. I wondered if he was going to shoot up the place, but we never heard of anything happening. I'll never know if it was our imaginations or if he truly was evil personified.
Have you ever met or just passed by someone who seemed to emit evil? Not some huge, snarly guy in a dark alley, but just someone, normal looking, doing a normal activity. I have a time or two. The most recent encounter was at church. Our church has a program for inmates on work release where, once a month, they are bussed to our church for Sunday morning service and lunch. Some people think this is a wonderful idea, others think the leaders have lost their minds. I won't go into all that. It's not the point. They were there last Sunday. Usually, as they walk in, I look at them and think, that's somebody's sweet son who got mixed up in drugs or shoplifting, or something. I wouldn't be afraid of any one of them. But this one fellow walked by and the first thing that came to my mind was rape. He scared me for the two seconds he walked in front of me. But he is not the subject of this story.
About 10 years ago, my husband and I were headed to Florida for a weekend trip and stopped in Shoney's for breakfast. Before we finished, a man came in and sat across the room from us. He was clean, neat and fairly attractive. There was nothing unusual about his physical appearance or demeanor. He looked like Mr. Anybody. I couldn't see him sitting down, but I think Ricky could see him if he turned his head that direction.
The moment I saw him, I became uneasy. Ready to go. There was something about him that scared me and I only had a 5 second visual, if that! No, he seemed to be emitting evil and it made me very uncomfortable. We were another 10 minutes or so finishing eating and when we left he had just been served. We had to walk past his table and I couldn't get past fast enough. It was if my chest was constricting! Like my whole body had braced itself for an attack, but not a physical attack. Not mental, either. It was a very odd sensation. When we got to the car I asked Ricky if he saw "that man". That's all I had to say. He replied, "The man eating the raw steak? Yeah, I saw him."
Now, of course, eating a rare steak means nothing, but it seemed to have significance with this guy. Ricky had felt ill at ease about him, too. Since we both felt it, there had to be something there. I wondered if he was going to shoot up the place, but we never heard of anything happening. I'll never know if it was our imaginations or if he truly was evil personified.
~~~
Tomorrow: "Let's Don't Go That Way, Mommy"
~~~
It seems like I don't get to go blogging for several days in a row, so when I get the chance, it takes all day! I finally have enough time to visit blogs today again. I haven't visited since Wednesday or Thursday. Can't wait to see what everyone's been up to since then. I see I have some new friends, too! Looking forward to seeing your blogs. Let's see. It's 11 a.m. Think I should at least put on some clothes before visiting? Yeah, I think I will. It's just shameful to still be in my housecoat when it's almost lunch.
~~~
Best Deal Magazines has Traditional Homes on sale today for $3.79/yearly subscription. Save an extra 18% today only by using code, AUTUMN18.