My blog has moved and changed names!

You will be automatically redirected to the new blog, Just Vintage Home. If that does not occur, visit
http://justvintagehome.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Grandpa Was There


Dee and Autry Norred circa 1927
~~~~


Most of my stories involve my maternal grandmother. I do believe most of Erin's and my sensitivity come through her genes.

Grandma had phlebitis in her legs and Grandpa would rub them at night when they went to bed. They were so much in love, but Alzheimer's took Grandpa's mind and he spent the last six months of his life in a nursing home as a vegetable. Not long after he passed away, Grandma was awakened from sleep by the sensation of someone rubbing her legs. She was convinced it was Grandpa. She never had that feeling while he was in the nursing home. I don't know if it ever happened again, but she absolutely would not accept that she could have been dreaming. I believe her.

~~~~
The big finale is tomorrow. It'll be a long post and involves me, my uncle, cousin and my grandparent's house.

~~~~
We're putting up walls in the store this week. We'll paint the back part tomorrow - hopefully - and then I'll start getting set up! It's starting to really get exciting! I'm not setting a date to open, though. That'll come when it comes. We're just taking it one day at a time.

Till tomorrow..................