My blog has moved and changed names!

You will be automatically redirected to the new blog, Just Vintage Home. If that does not occur, visit
http://justvintagehome.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, October 12, 2007

Too pooped to pop

Have you ever heard that expression, "To pooped to pop?" I grew up hearing it and that's exactly how I feel right now. Hope I make at least some sense while I write this.

Lena and I had planned to go to estate sales in Birmingham early this morning. We'd talked yesterday evening and she was going to pick me up at 6 a.m. I fell asleep on the couch and woke up around 10 p.m. Figured since I only had $5.00 cash, I'd better check to see how much I had in the bank before hitting the ATM. I visited my checking account online to find that I only had $22 in the bank! Horrors!!! I hastily transferred some money from Paypal, but that will take a few days. I figured my Friday of sales was off, but it was too late to call Lena. I sent her an email, hoping she'd check in before leaving, but just in case, I'd planned to call her about 5:30. As long as I didn't have to get up early and stay up, I stayed up until 1:30 a.m. Yes, I overslept this morning. She was already headed for my house when I awoke. Awakened? Aww. When I woke up!

I met her in the driveway, wrapped up in my housecoat, shaking my head with a forlorn look on my face. She thought she'd go anyway and came in to get the directions. Ricky got home after working midnights, before she left. I explained my plight and, sweet hubby he is, asked if I wanted some money. Why, yes! Of course! I was ready to go in 15 minutes.

The sales were so-so. I got some books, some that will actually pay for the day when I resell them, but nothing aesthetically pleasing except for two art deco lamps I haven't got a picture of, yet.

The most interesting thing though, was when we stopped at a convenience store on the way to the first sale. A man was walking out of the store with two display racks, one an ugly, red, plastic one, the other a small, wire, collapsible, Grandma's Cookies stand. I thought he looked like a cookie rep and asked him if he was going to throw them away. He looked at me kinda funny and said he was. I asked if I could have the wire stand and he looked at me even funnier and gave it to me! That was providence. Serendipitous. A "happystance". Being in the right place at the right time. It should find a place in the store pretty easily.

I won't bore you with the rest of the day, which was quite busy, except to say when I got home, I loaded up the car with tables and boxes slated for a yard sale and took off up the road, 30 miles to the antique mall where I'll be participating in the semi annual yard sale tomorrow. I unloaded, set up and got everything priced before coming home. All this on 4 hours sleep. This little girl needs about 9 hours to be in peak form. That Monster drink did it's job, but it has completely worn off now. I bet I sleep good tonight.

Sorry there were no pictures today. I know they make posts much more fun, but I just didn't have time to take any.