Here are more pictures of the haul. Those yellow things on a lot of the stuff are the price tags I haven't taken off, yet.

Oops. That candlestick got photographed twice. Not sure if the lady picture is a print or a drawing. Haven't looked that closely, yet. That white ball isn't a spirit. It's the reflection of a light in the ceiling. The figurine has lace on her skirt. Am I supposed to leave that all nasty and brown or try to clean it? How would I go about cleaning it? I know some of you collect the lace skirted girls.
~~~~

Love the print and the frame - and the pink floral dishes. The coffee grinder? Hrmph. They had it marked $100!!! My instinct told me, without even looking closely or noticing the price, that it was 1970s. At the end of the day, we were standing in the vicinity of the grinder and the seller just came out and said she could let me have it for $25. Well, what a deal, right? So I said OK. Got it home and my original instinct was right. It's 1970s, worm hole wood. Sigh. Found one that had sold on eBay for 9.99. Maybe I can get my money back at the store just for the visual appeal.
~~~~

That might be a water color of cows and a farmhouse. Again, I haven't looked that closely, but it sure could be. It was a great price. The footstool, however, was marked $75 originally. I tried to get her down to $10, but she held her ground at $25.
~~~~

This chest was painted, if the newspaper lining the top drawer is any indication, in 1953! It cost me more than I'd rather have paid, but still was pretty good. I should be able to at least double my money. When I went to pick it up, I wondered aloud why I'd paid so much for it. One of the fellows said, "Oh, sand that down and repaint it....." ..............>>

What??!! Noooooo! That's what I bought! The naturally, crackled finish. There's lovely crackling on the painted drawers, too.
~~~~

The best piece there. Everybody looked at it and wanted it, but it was just priced too high for an estate sale. By the end of the day, she let me have it for almost 1/4 the starting price. It's about four and a half feet tall and not quite 4' wide and the inside is painted blue >>>>

~~~~

A fancy iron dish/bowl/thing. It's about 10" wide.
~~~~

Nice oval frame with ugly flowers in it, and a blue, blown glass oil lamp. I saw the horse lamp through the window and was able to research it before the sale. Found one on eBay that had sold for $9.99, so I planned to pass on it. But when it was only a dollar, figured, what the heck. The mirror has a story. A that day story. Don't know about before I found it. When I saw it, I wanted it. I can't remember now if he put my name on it or if someone else had already claimed it. They think someone else claimed it. When I went back after lunch, they were talking about how the lady didn't get her mirror. "What mirror", I asked. They showed me and I told them I wanted it. They said I'd need to wait until the end of the day in case the lady came back. There was much confusion. The people taking the money were going to sell it to me, saying the other lady hadn't paid for it. The estate sale handler, said to wait. She thought it had been paid for. By the end of the day it was still there and I got it half price. Loaded up the car with that trip's buys -- and forgot the mirror! I had to go back home for the checkbook and when I walked back in, they were all laughing about me forgetting the mirror. So do you think it's jinxed or meant to be mine?
~~~~

These trays started out at $35 each! That was one of those, what were they thinking things. I got them significantly less, but at the high end of what I normally spend on tole trays. The dishes and stand were just because.
~~~~

Great price on a plant stand.
~~~~

Big, glass, hand painted lamp shades. About 14" diameter. Had to make an offer on these and offered low. Wish I'd tried a little lower now. I think they'd have taken it.

~~~~

Primitive, wood, tool tray, plate with pretty graphics of the Capitol, a Harvey coloring book and a never used umbrella in a velvet, embroidered case. And a Raymor, Italian, pottery box.
~~~~
There will be a few more pictures tomorrow. A big piece of furniture we've got to get, hopefully today, a metal table and maybe some of the things I knew I was keeping. You don't know how hard it is to give up some of that stuff, but when you don't have a place, you don't have a place. And I'm pretty good at making a spot for things I love.
I'd love to say how much everything cost, but since most will be for sale, I just don't feel comfortable doing that. I will say tomorrow how much we spent total. I should get back on the spooky stories tomorrow, too.