My blog has moved and changed names!

You will be automatically redirected to the new blog, Just Vintage Home. If that does not occur, visit
http://justvintagehome.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

China closet pretties

The dining room is coming back together, finally! We have two, built in china cupboards, each with two doors - one on top and one on bottom. (The bottom door is solid and hides storage.) I had them arranged quite nicely, but we decided to replace the doors. Wrong measurements were taken resulting in the top doors being too short. The clever fellow I married knew just what to do to fix that. Raise the shelf that's between the top and bottom and add a piece between the doors. I know you're not getting a visual with my explanation, but that's not important. The important thing was, I had to take everything off the bottom two shelves. Not knowing it would be a good two months before I could put the stuff back in, I didn't take a picture of the arrangements. Often, this results in a better look than you had before, but I don't think I did as good. I'm sharing pictures of one of the cupboards today. And let me say this. I highly recommend taking pictures of things in your house. Pictures show where improvement is needed. You can see easier what's missing or what just looks goofy, where in person there are too many distractions. Anyway, here's the left side of the room cupboard.


Bottom shelf. Green Depression glass, some of my poodle collection and a
favorite calendar plate. The afternoon light hits this spot and makes everything sparkle. This is morning light. Nothing is sparkling in this picture.
~~~


Shelf #2, above the bottom shelf. That man bottle is a liquor bottle from the 1960s. It's been mine since, probably, 1965. Why? How? Beats me. I was 10. How did I come to be the possessor of that?? One of life's big mysteries.
Now, here's where seeing it in a picture helps. I think I need something tall and white opposite the man bottle or maybe I'll try him back center, peeking above
Little Miss Birthday Candle Holding Poodle.
~~~


Shelves three and four. Most of my creamer collection and a stack of colorful plates that have always made me happy stacked like that. Top shelf has a picture of a girl with a real feather skirt that Tiffany gave me and Depression glass snack plates.

That's it for today. I'll try to add the right side tomorrow. Looks like I might have some blog time tonight! Yippee! See y'all in Blogland!