~~~
I have no will power. I stayed up until past midnight last night with the intention of sleeping in this morning. Of course, when the sun peeped through my window....... Did I say peeped? We only have sheers on the windows in the bedroom since the drapes aren't hemmed, yet. Let me rephrase that. The sun blasted full force through three windows, bathing the room in bright, crisp autumn sunshine. I woke up. And decided to go to an estate sale in a neighboring town. I could have gone back to sleep, but the sale was calling my name. I could hear it from 20 miles away! It turned out to be a pretty good thing. Nothing I couldn't have lived without, but some things I'm glad I got.
I bought a "War Quilt" and took a picture of it, but in the picture it looked like crap. It actually is in bad condition, but not as bad as it looked in the picture. I just couldn't show that pic. A war quilt is a quilt of small squares made around the time of WWI, using men's wool suits in grays and blacks. Maybe even some linsey-woolsy.
~~~

That picture standing up in the back looked pretty interesting until I parted with my $5, got it home and realized it's really a window cling thing. I guess. OK. So it's a vintage window cling thing, but I just don't think it was worth $5.00.
There's a double mint dish back there among all those quilt squares.
Look at all those blocks! They appear to be vintage 1940s-1960s. I didn't know I was getting all that. They were in the box with the fabric pictured below along with mountains of muslin. Should I get an Etsy shop to sell some of the quilt squares and stuff like that I've been finding lately?


Those are aprons. Some are very pretty and frilly and there are two Christmas aprons. The wire stand folds up.

The surprise of the day, however, was this silk quilt top. Yes, silk! The picture doesn't do it justice, naturally. It was crumpled up in the very bottom of the box of fabrics. I had no idea. I'd just tossed around the few pieces on top, figured it was well worth the price they were asking and, since it was too heavy to pick up, pushed it to the checkout. I'm sure they didn't know it was in there, either. That sorta makes up for the $5.00 window clinger.