My blog has moved and changed names!

You will be automatically redirected to the new blog, Just Vintage Home. If that does not occur, visit
http://justvintagehome.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Retail sales!

Are you wondering where I've been the past couple of days? Yeah, I'm sure that's really bothering you and causing unrest in your mind. But I'll tell you anyway!

Erin came home Sunday and after church we went to Belk to shop. This is the store I mentioned about a month ago that has bought out our 2nd favorite store (1st favorite is Anthropologie) and is having clearance of both store's excess. Bargain heaven! We closed the place down on Sunday. Still had clothes in our arms we hadn't tried on when they announced they were closing for the day, so we hid those clothes and made sure we were there first thing Monday morning. Monday, we shopped from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. with only one 15 minute break for lunch. We made three or four trips to the car to unload our bags. Thank goodness we were there early and got a close parking place.

I don't know what I did with Sunday's receipts, but yesterday's totals were:

$188 spent
$1016 saved off original retail!!!

I don't think Erin spent as much as I did. Wish I had her totals, too. Now, I'll admit that a lot of that I would never have bought or even tried on at retail, but when a t-shirt is $1.98, well shoot! If nothing else, you can wear $1.98 to clean house in! I did get a Ralph Lauren top for $9.98 and another for $3.98, a Liz, winter, sweater pullover for $3.98, etc. There were several other things nicer than simple t-shirts, including two pair of shoes. Got Ricky 5 bathing suits for $1.98 each. There was one area that turned out not to be such good bargains, though. We had a false start with a $75 bra that rang up for $1.98. So when we shopped the undies, we weren't paying close enough attention to what the sale price would be. The sale there ended up only being about half price.

That was my 5th trip to the store and I still haven't covered it all. Haven't even looked at the household, accessories or cosmetic-y things, yet.

Ricky's off the next couple of days, so I don't know if I'll be able to blog or visit blogs or not. I don't like getting behind on reading all your blogs, but it looks like behind I'll be for a few days.