
I know I take the worst snapshots known to mankind. I promise it really does look neat. In the picture it just looks.....well....bad. This is at the store office. I had originally thought that room would be just a quick couple of coats of paint. I would do that first and move the computer, picture taking set-up and packing table in there. It's all in the main "showroom" now. (Actually not now, but I'm getting to that.) After I got the room totally cleaned out where we had stored boxes of household overflow, I could see just what I was up against as far as painting. It wouldn't be as straightforward as I thought. The ceiling will need to be replaced. The tiles look like they're holding on by threads. I still thought I'd go ahead and paint, but when I took a good look at the walls, I realized some areas couldn't be rolled and pieces were flaking off, so I started scraping. The underneath looks so, I don't know. Artsy? But how do you incorporate a different color paint into that? If I hadn't started scraping already, I'd say paint up to those spots with a roller, those areas with a brush and then scrape, but now that I've already scraped, what do I do?
What I did was a Scarlett O'Hara. I went ahead and moved everything into the office and will do it last. It was just too much trouble to think about. I'm not wasting any more time and energy on that just now. It's more important to get the public areas painted and fixed. So there. I made a decision and it feels so gooood!
~~~~~~~~
Finally, the Best Deal Magazines Deal Of the Day is Mary Engelbreit's Home Companion! Sunday, September 9. That magazine is one of my favorites. The homes featured are always creative and individual, often eclectic. The October issue has two porches wonderfully decorated for Halloween that made me want to make a Halloween wreath and string black netting under the ceiling.
