I think I've got the African Sleeping Sickness. I don't know if there really is such a thing, but we used to call it that as kids. Just sleepy all the time. There's something about spring, fall and some summer days that make me sooooooo sleepy. Yesterday and today were days like that. I laid down on the couch yesterday about 3 p.m. to watch a movie and just didn't bother to get up until I went to bed. I took a nap today mid afternoon, then got up, drank a glass of tea, ate some supper and forced myself to go to Wal-Mart.
I truly hate to go to Wal-Mart and put it off as long as possible. I prefer to shop at a nearby, much smaller, grocery store, but after awhile, I simply have to go to Wal-Mart. They are cheaper and have some things I just can't find anywhere else locally. We've been out of paper towels for a week. I can be out of a lot of things, but it's hard to get used to being without paper towels - and we don't even use that many.
It took me two hours to gather everything I could remember we needed or thought we might need. (Naturally, when I got home I immediately thought of a couple of things I didn't get.) Talked to four people I knew during the course of shopping, had a buggy, as we call them here in the south, heaping full of groceries and assorted goods, checked out and ended up with a $338 bill! Eek! I knew it would be high, but wasn't quite expecting that.
We use a credit card these days for just about everything for the reward points. I don't like to carry a purse anymore, so any time I'm going somewhere I might buy something, I put a credit card in my pants pocket, then forget to take it out when I undress. Before I left the house, I made sure I got said credit card out of my pants pocket. When it was time to pay, I got the card out of my pants pocket, ran it through the machine and it asked for my pin number. Uh.....huh? That's not right. I looked at the card. Oh, noooooooo! I'd picked up my debit card instead of the credit card. My debit card. I keep a separate account for buying and selling. There's very little money in that account and certainly not $300! I've been telling y'all I'm broke right now.
I had to leave the buggy full at the service desk, ask them to please not put it out for at least 45 minutes to give me time to go home, get the right card and come back. I lit outta there as fast as these little legs would carry me, took off in the car faster than I safely should or legally could and immediately got behind a slow poke going everywhere I was going. But I made it home, ran to the dirty clothes hamper, found the card, and headed back. They breathed a sigh of relief that I'd returned and they didn't have to put all that stuff back out. I breathed a sigh of relief that they gave me a chance to get back before putting all that stuff back out.
Now tell me. Would this have happened to you? I'd like to know I'm not the only Goofy Gussie out there.
Between my going and coming, a fight must have broken out in the parking lot. When I left there were three police cars and an ambulance out there and two individual crowds of people standing around. I don't think I've ever seen a fight in my life. I always leave just before one starts or come right after one's over. I'll never forget in high school, two popular guys got into a fight in the senior parking lot. I had just left. When I got home the phone was ringing. My best friend had seen it, but I missed it.
No, I don't really think I want to see a fight in action, but somewhere in my twisted mind, I think I would like the excitement of seeing a fight.