My blog has moved and changed names!

You will be automatically redirected to the new blog, Just Vintage Home. If that does not occur, visit
http://justvintagehome.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Halloween candles

What a difference a day makes! There's another side of me that shows up this time of year (and spring). If I'm not sleeping, I'm energized and wanting to nest. Clean and decorate. Talk about extremes! And no, I'm NOT bipolar......am I?? No, I'm not. OK. That's settled. This morning I woke up raring to go and created this little Halloween candle cluster.


The other day - as I was cleaning the bedroom - I was about to do away with three, cheap, Halloween bracelets and it hit me. I could put them on pillar candles! The idea actually came from another blogger. I'm so sorry, but I don't remember who it was! She had put a rhinestone pin on a candle and set it in some silver trays. She got the idea from a book and again, I don't remember which book! Arghhh!

The bracelets are too small to go all the way around, so I used straight pins to hold them in place then just wrapped a Wal-Mart leaf garland (that I remembered to buy last night) around them. I think the whole arrangement would look better without the bracelets, but wanted to put a Halloween spin on it. I was worried about the different colors of the candles. That one on the left is several years old and very faded, but I think the colors are just fine together. They coordinate with the different color leaves. I was pleased.

With the house remodel, I think the last time I decorated for a holiday was July 4, 2006. I collect vintage decorations and decorate at least the mantle for every holiday. The Halloween mantle is already done this year and I usually wait until the first of October. Pictures of that will come later. Christmas is the biggie. We've had to add shelves in the workshop for the collection and I'd say 8 out of...no, 9 out of 10 items are old. I collect 1960s and older, especially 1940s and 1950s. We didn't even have a tree last year. It was so strange. I can't wait to get started this year, but Halloween and Thanksgiving will come first.

~~~~~~~~

Oh, shoot! The cat just brought a frog into the house. And he's not dead! Barely alive, but alive enough to hop around when Buster messes with it. I'm such a girl. I scream and run when anything like that gets in my house. I can't clean up a dead mess the cat leaves, either. My husband's asleep and won't get up until 1:00. Oh, what to do, what to do?