My husband questioned why I was going to the auction the other night when I didn't have any money to spend and I "should be getting things on eBay for sale and make some money so (he) won't have to keep paying my rent". Something clicked and that's all it took to change my mindset. The shop and little business plan has been based on faith from the beginning and I realized if I thought I'd never again get anything as good as what I've found this summer, then I wasn't working on faith. So I'll be stepping up the web site and eBay listings. But what did I do today? Went to a couple of estate sales and spent money I had no business spending. But look at this!!
Here are just a few pictures of the good sale.

I actually took more pictures, but they came out horribly blurry. These pictures are barely the tip of the iceberg. I spent at least an hour in the basement before going upstairs where these pictures were taken. The basement was packed with Christmas, books, old toys, tools, old clothes, linens and just cool things. That's where I spent my money. Upstairs, naturally, were the things they thought were "better" and were priced at near shop prices. There was pottery, glassware, kitchen items, more holiday things (whole rooms full), more clothes, newer stuff.......
Here's what I bought. The color is off on the pictures. I took them as daylight was fading and had too bright lights on them, then didn't edit them until I got back to the house and couldn't retake anything. Soo....
Here's what I bought. The color is off on the pictures. I took them as daylight was fading and had too bright lights on them, then didn't edit them until I got back to the house and couldn't retake anything. Soo....


- Netting sewn on satin, an old, child's puzzle and tiles on a cloth background.
- 1970s pillow, shabby, wooden desk tray, mirror on wood with hooks and an "adornment" and a large, rusty, blue, metal can.
- Vintage, red Jantzen swimsuit.
- Gold wast basket to be painted white or pink or whatever, wooden grillwork to be painted white or pink or whatever, and a pink, Top Dollar yard stick.
- Big, white shelves, little, white shelves and a metal, grill thing that I thought could hold snapshots or something.
- Vintage, blue, Izod cardigan, floral tile, and a nekkid umbrella I got off the trash pile.
- Lucite pin and earrings.
Seeing all of it pictured makes me wonder why I bought any of it. It just doesn't look like much or look very good. Maybe it's because the pictures are so washed out looking.
I came away from that sale with 45¢ in my pocket. How do they do it? I didn't calculate how much I was spending. Not everything had a price. They just seemed to know how much I had.
Then we went to this sale.

It was almost like culture shock. The sale was so sparse. This room was one of the rooms with the most things. But thank goodness they didn't have anything since I was out of money! However, I was the only one out of money, so I sure Lena and Tiffany would have preferred that there had been more to buy here.
That's today's report. Hope everyone had as much fun as we did.
That's today's report. Hope everyone had as much fun as we did.