My blog has moved and changed names!

You will be automatically redirected to the new blog, Just Vintage Home. If that does not occur, visit
http://justvintagehome.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Dirty walls?

My friend, Tiffany, has come up with a clever ploy to keep her guys from dirtying the wall around the light switch. She hangs a group of small pictures around it, so they have to aim for the switch rather than just slapping their whole hand on the wall until they find it.

These are from her old, old house. (It was an old house and she doesn't live there any more.) I have quite a few pictures from that house that I'll share from time to time. Don't you love that wall color? It's so cool and refreshing.

~~~~~~~~

Lena and I went to a new to us auction last night. We don't often go out of town at night without at least one of our "menfolk" and they don't much like us to, but we were bound and determined to go to this one. We're so hungry for a good auction. The best ones we know of are farther than we want to travel. This one was only an hour away and we had such high hopes for it. We were wrong. Won't be goin' back to that one! The prices were good, but the items were trash at worst and uninteresting at best. We did each get some newish, silverplate serving pieces and I got an old, crystal lamp. I spent $10 on three items. She spent $5.00. Aren't we the big spenders? But honestly, there wasn't much there worth any more than that.

We do love the characters that show up at auctions. I'd have loved to have taken pictures to show y'all, but felt it was an invasion of privacy.

~~~~~~~~

PS to The Yard Sale Adventures of Mildred and Leck

I forgot one story and it's a good one.

Daddy was trying to dicker on the price of some widget. The seller wasn't wanting to come down, so Daddy used the, "I don't even know what it is" tactic. About that time, Momma walked up and said, "What do you want that for? You have three of them already!"