My blog has moved and changed names!

You will be automatically redirected to the new blog, Just Vintage Home. If that does not occur, visit
http://justvintagehome.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, September 15, 2007

The auction and a sale today

This might be a long one, so if you're inclined to read and look at pictures, go potty and get a snack now, before you start.

We had a great time at the auction! We did stop at the fabric store first, but I have nothing of note to report there. I can hear you saying, "Thank God for small favors"!

The auction really didn't have much of interest and between the four of us, we got just about everything that was good. No, not all, but close. Tiffany got several pieces of furniture, Melanie got two beautiful French end tables to go in her new French bedroom, Lena got a twiggy/bamboo looking table/plant stand thing and an old ice cream mold. I got this:


And these:


What am I going to do with those? This:

Then something like this:

I'll have to find some good snapshots and arrange them in "a pleasing manner".

The best part of the auction? The young, HOT fellow helping. Here we are, ages from 40 to erm...past 50, lusting after a 24 year old! No, not really, but we sure appreciated the view! Let me just say he was soooo pretty!

~~~~~~~~

After just a few hours sleep, I drug myself out of bed to go to a moving sale of an 80+ year old. I was going to be first in line. Nobody was there, not even the sellers. As I was waiting in the car, I lost a contact lens. Could not find it anywhere! Now, just how far can a contact go when you're just sitting there? If you wear them or have ever worn them, you know how quickly those little buggers can get away from you. I had to come home, look some more, change clothes, shake, rattle, plunder and still couldn't find it. So I put in an old pair and headed back to the sale. Of course, it was crawling with people by then. But I did pretty good there. I got another Florentine waste can and a Florentine tray:

Two quilts:


Two funnels for Lena's funnel Christmas trees, a big, wire, egg basket and a roll of patriotic ribbon:




These 1980s plastic charms (Because Lena sold some much older, Cracker Jack prizes on eBay. These aren't as good, but reminded me of them.)


The little girl below is actually lying on an egg, playing with three little ducks. The little picture is convex glass. Erin might want this.



I know all my friends are going to make fun of me, but I like this gaudy, gold, French, 1969 mirror! I'm going to use it in my dining room. I don't care what they say. So there!


Got some books, too. The total was $21.25. I left happy and came back home to hunt for that contact some more. I put a knee high onto the vacuum hose and vacuumed out the car. Nothing. I went through and shook every napkin and piece of paper I found. No contact. Finally, I gave up, brought my purse in and thought I'd look in there one last time, but made up my mind I just wasn't going to worry about it. It was time for a new pair, anyway. A little mileage booklet had fallen between the seat and the console and when I was first digging, I pulled it out and tossed in my purse. I thumbed through it and right there, smack dab in the middle, was my contact. Amazing!

During this last hunt, I started adding up my purchases in my mind and realized they'd undercharged me $10.00. The mirror was $15 and the quilts were $5 each. I tried really hard, but could not make myself NOT take them the $10.00. My conscience just wouldn't let me, so I went back. It was only a couple of miles from my house. The poor lady taking the money was so tired, it took a minute for her to understand, but she appreciated it. And wouldn't you know it? I saw some things I didn't see before, so for another dollar I got these:

A plastic light up Santa, two old Santa mugs and a round, dresser tray that will also hang on the wall. Round ones are hard to find.


I guess I'm finished. I think I've told it all. Perhaps not, but my brain is protesting and my stomach is screaming, so I'll stop now. Right now. No more. That's right. Nada. Noooo more!

Bye, bye! See ya later, alligator. So long. Until tomorrow....

Really, this is it.

Zzzzzzzz..............................