My blog has moved and changed names!

You will be automatically redirected to the new blog, Just Vintage Home. If that does not occur, visit
http://justvintagehome.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, September 28, 2007

Today's sales

Here's the report for today. I was alone this morning. Lena had to attend some kind of counseling conference... training... class.... thing. Have I told you she was the elementary school counselor? She's not doing that anymore, just buying and selling "vintage home decor", as I like to call it, but does do the odd class from time to time.

I went to three sales in Birmingham. Didn't net too much, but did OK. I guess. Just not one of my more exciting days. Here's the haul:



A vintage, Hanky Panky blouse. What a coincidence!
~~~


Vintage Vera napkins still with their tags, Staffordshire saucer (1980's maybe?), newish hand mirror with blue and white back, white pie bird and a Limoges cat.
~~~



Yummy, yelloware bowl, but with two, big ol' chunks out of the rim. Paid too much for this, but I just rarely find this kind of bowl in any condition that is even close to being affordable.
~~~



Dansk dutch oven and vintage, greenish yellow or yellowish green upholstery/drapery fabric.
Sorry. I know that was boring.
~~~



Cool, 1960s, Polynesian patterns.
~~~



Cute, little rusty, iron plant stand.
~~~



And this iron trellis. Nobody saw it hiding behind the bushes, not even the estate sale people. I have no idea how they missed it. The thing sticks up 6' out of the ground! I saw it as I was leaving and went back in to ask about it. Happy me! It got to come home with me and just barely fit in my car. I mean JUST barely.

I also got some old, Filmmaker magazines and two very old cookbooks. One, Culinary Echoes From Dixie, is copyright 1917. I collect southern cookbooks, old ones in particular, so that makes me happy. The other is a 1908 Rumford cookbook. That cookbook alone is worthless, especially in the condition it's in, but what makes this one appealing is all the hand written recipes glued to the blank pages!

~~~~~~~~

I'm going to go blog hopping for a little while now, but might not get to stay with it long. My husband just got home and wants to go look at a gun. Yuck. Not my thing, but he's renewed an interest that he's put on hold for the past 30 years, so I guess I can allow him that.

********
Update.

As soon as I posted this blog, my internet went down, but I think I can finally cruise some blogs now, but it's late. Sigh. And just so you know, no animals will be killed with the renewed gun interest. He just wants pretty shotguns. I'm OK with that as long as I don't have to see them. Guns give me the heebie-jeebies just to be in the same room with them.