I thought I'd talk a bit more about one of the pictures I showed yesterday.

But what I want to talk about is the oval picture.

I remember the day I bought that picture. Lena and I were at an estate sale in Birmingham and when we started to leave, my truck was dead. It wasn't the battery. There was some other problem that wasn't easily fixed and we had to have it towed home. She and I both needed to get back to Sylacauga for the pep rally. Her son played football and my daughter was a cheerleader. We didn't miss pep rallies, but we missed that one. It seems she might have got to go to some of it. Did you, Lena? I do remember my dad had to come get us and take us home.
I really loved that truck. It was a good yard sale truck, but my husband decided he wasn't having an old truck that had to be worked on all the time and sold it. But I've drifted away from the story of the picture.
The picture was made in Germany, was about 11" x 18", on some type of soft canvas, not paper or a stiff canvas board, and had holes all around the outside of the image and a few on the image. It also had a cheap, narrow, wooden frame. And it was a dollar. I fell in love with the image of the girls and bought it. I took it to my cousin, the local studio photographer and framer. I told you we're a small town. We're all kin somehow. All natives can play the 6 degrees game. Anyway, we decided we could cut it into an oval and eliminate almost all of the holes. There are only a few left showing and those are hard to find. The perfect frame cost me $75.00!!! Ack!! But I absolutely love it. It's one of my favorite things in the house.
~~~~~~~~
Lena and I are going to spruce up the booth today. I realized yesterday that I've lost all interest in the booth. My emotions and thoughts are totally on the store. Analyzing things as I do, I've tried to figure out just why that is. Is it because I've neglected the booth all summer? Or because it hasn't made much (any) money in several months? Have I neglected it because of the heat or because it hasn't make much money? Both. But has it not made much money because of the heat and because I've neglected it? Probably. But I think, bottom line is because it's time to start a new chapter in my life. It seems to be time for that store to open. It's hard to let go of something I've loved and enjoyed. I never like closing doors and I refuse to burn bridges. Part of me wants to keep a booth and have the store, but I feel that's not the right thing to do. Then again, I'm thinking. This whole enterprise has been on faith, so I need to try not to think and just go how the Spirit leads me. He's definitely telling me it's time to move, so I'll start that process. First up is painting the store. That will hopefully happen this weekend or next week. I'll keep everyone posted in my diary.....I mean blog.