
This little fellow makes me smile every time I walk by. He's on a harp pattern cake stand with a pretend cloche over him. He's carrying vintage buttons. The picture was taken through the glass with no flash and +1 exposure. I just started learning about exposure and stuff last year, so don't get the idea I know what I'm talking about. I don't, as should be evident in my pictures. He's just a little fuzzy, but I kinda liked the effect. Thought I'd share.
I stayed up to watch the meteor shower, but our sky must have been too bright. I only saw five between 10 p.m. and 3 a.m. I was in and out until 2:00 and I'm sure missed some. So disappointing BUT...... I so enjoyed the night air and sounds. Everyone was asleep. No people talking, very few dogs barking, just the crickets, tree frogs, the occasional transfer truck in the distance and some weird bird. I actually think it was a peacock! Now, who in our neighborhood would have a peacock?? It could have been a funny sounding rooster, which would make more sense. Just over the mountain is an area where people can have chickens, but it didn't cock-a-doodle-doo like I'm used to hearing. At the same time it didn't sound exactly like the peacock that showed up on the TV show, The Waltons, either. The sound wasn't like the exotic birds my cousin raises. I'm leaning toward peacock. Or maybe a banshee? Hmmmm...it was a little early for the evil things to be out. Isn't that 3:30? According to the movie, The Exorcism Of Emily Rose, 3:30 a.m. is the witching hour.
I do know that some peacocks just showed up at a neighbor's house up the hill from me some years ago. They said they were loud and messy and finally moved on. I still want a pair, though. My dream is to live on enough property to at least have peacocks. I'd like Nubian goats too, but I don't think I'd EVER talk my husband into that.
The shop beckons. I've had a big lunch of leftover bar-b-que we had last night. I shouldn't have eaten so much, but it was good! I'll go brave the heat and work some more at the shop. I leave the air off when I'm not there, as I'm not there more than I'm there, but when I am there, it takes forever for it to cool down as hot as it is. I WILL remember the fan today.