My blog has moved and changed names!

You will be automatically redirected to the new blog, Just Vintage Home. If that does not occur, visit
http://justvintagehome.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, August 20, 2007

Cherub lamps

I forgot I did find this sweet, cherub lamp at an antique mall on Friday. If I remember right, I think it was all of $6.00!



It looks like he's pot metal and I thought about finishing him in the 1960s-70s antiqued gold like the one below, but he looks pretty good just as he is in the picture, doesn't he? A shade should help me make a decision. This one is small, only about a foot tall. The one pictured below was in my parents bedroom and twice the size.


An interior decorator "did" our house in 1967. I remember being so impressed with her work, even though my room wasn't in the plan. I loved the lamp from the beginning and was pleased when Daddy's new wife didn't want it. Apparently she thought it was ugly. Even my daughter makes fun of it! This is a girl who likes goddess rain lamps and she makes fun of my momma's cherub lamp? Hmph. I don't care. It's in my small dining room in all it's glory. Besides, I think it's the hugeness of it that causes the eye rolls and remarks from Erin. From the bottom of the lamp to the top of the shade is, maybe, 3 feet or so.


I'm stuck at the house for sure today and probably tomorrow, waiting for the telephone repairman. A pesky squirrel likes building a nest around the wires on the pole which causes a bad connection for us. Our DSL is unstable, there's static on the telephone and sometimes we can hear our neighbor's telephone conversations! We can even talk to each other without dialing! But I've got plenty to do here while I wait.