My blog has moved and changed names!

You will be automatically redirected to the new blog, Just Vintage Home. If that does not occur, visit
http://justvintagehome.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Never enough time

Is there such thing? Enough time? I don't have a job I have to go to every day, don't have to sell things to help support the family, don't have anything I absolutely have to do for survival, yet there is never enough time to do the things I want to do or things I need to do. I need to clean house. I need to work out. I need to work on the shop. I need to paint this or that. I need to make drapes and pillows. I need to cover a chair. I need to update the blog. And yes, I need to sell some of the things I specifically bought to sell. Will my world fall apart if I don't do any of these things? No. In these cases, need=want. So I just can't get around to doing the things I want to do.

I have procrastination down to an art form. Always have. It's my nature. I can come up with a thousand excuses, but bottom line is it's just the way I am. I fight it all the time. Obviously, it's on my mind right now. But enough of that.

Did you notice I put a picture of me on my profile? That's one of my favorite pictures. I was three years old, when I still thought I was pretty and didn't think I was fat. I imagine that I remember the photographer telling me to pose like I was saying my prayers.

I slept in on Saturday and Ms L called me after 9:00 (I REALLY slept in) and said she'd found an estate sale we didn't know about. Then her adventure began. She had taken her little dog, Stella. She gathered up an armful of delights and holding them in one arm, Stella in the other, her radar eyes spotted a lovely black vase with a painted flower and the magnetic force pulled her toward it. With her arms so full she didn't see the step down and missed. She heard her ankle pop as she went down. No one was around and she just sat there until a man came in from the back porch. She had to tell him what happened and ask for help. He must have thought she was just taking a break. I haven't heard from her today, but as of last night she felt sure it was just sprained. The vase wasn't for sale, by the way.

The estate sale began to call me. I asked my friend, Tiff, if she wanted to ride down there with me and off we went, wondering if Ms L left anything. She did! Neither of us got much, but I was quite pleased with the things I found.

Isn't that the sweetest hat box? There's a thermometer that, yes, reads 90 degrees. There's a big, plastic egg, the little animals are from the 1960s and behind them is an aluminum butter dish just like one I'd sold a couple of years ago for over $10.00. Apparently they don't do as well now. The butter dish still had butter in it and the nice man washed it out for me. Cost me a dime.



I opened some kitchen cabinets and found this full apron and the hot pad that's sitting on top of the dress form.



Estate sale tip: Always look in drawers, closets, behind doors, and ask about buildings outside and attics.

I'm trying to work an hour or two each day at the shop, cleaning and getting ready to paint. Yesterday afternoon I tackled about 6 square feet of the floor before I thought I'd pass out from ammonia fumes or drown in sweat. That part of the floor is much, much cleaner, as you can see from the shrrounding floor in the picture below, but is still stained.



I decided to go back today, but with fewer clothes, a sweat band around my forehead, better scrubbing pads and a fan. I forgot the fan. How.....HOW....could I forget the fan??? Tomorrow I'll take the fan. Progress is slow, but steady.

I'm getting ready to watch the meteor shower tonight. Had a Monster drink late in the day, so hopefully I can stay awake for the peak time of around 2 a.m. We'll see.

I'm also working on passing on the Nice Matters award. I haven't forgot!