![[Nice+matters+award.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjCdkGNbZaI-kQ76vgucrQvxvLlSZErcr4o7fgoMpCgrFw0HwBrFjoXPypS4_NyzeytJM97_wLXPnOHOHWZ4QT3IyL-wzMoGLKiMatx5NAg3DIDn6uP5JwsLxFeZtJWA_3dOeaZq0oIvlbh/s1600/Nice+matters+award.jpg)
Ahhhh...Finally I've compiled my list of people to pass along the Nice Matters Award to. Ahem. Let me try that again. Finally, I've compiled my list of people of whom (who?) to pass along the Nice Matters Award. Oh, that still doesn't sound grammatically correct. I'm sending the Nice Matters Award to these people!
I wanted to send it to people who might not have received it, yet. Wanted to broaden our circle of friends, which I believe might have been it's intended purpose. We do tend to find a few friends and stay there, don't we? Just like in real life.
Some of these people may have received it and for one reason or another, time or modesty, prefer not to post it or mention it in their blogs. And some may have it on their blogs, but I just missed it or forgot I saw it. Here they are in no certain order:
Chez Fifi - For her home's design inspiration.
The Adventures of Elizabeth and The Curious Sofa - For showing me through her pictures and blogs that the shop of my dreams can be a reality, but it will take a huge amount of hard work.
The Midadventures of Mama and Jack - Just because. I like her finds and her style.
C'est Chouette Pillow Talk - She inspires me with her beautiful pillows made from vintage needlepoint.
So So Vintage Another "just because" and I like her style.
Kattz Cottage More inspirational vignettes.
There are so many more deserving blogs, but this takes time! I think I even had some others on a list I can't find. I don't get to peruse blogs the way I'd like. I'd never get anything done at all if I did!
Yesterday, my daughter and I spent the whole day going through the boxes and boxes and boxes and BOXES of her things we've been storing since she moved out and I made her bedroom my sewing room. This child is just like my mother and me. She saves everything. She saved every schoolwork paper she ever did from kindergarten through college. Arghhhh!!! After much talking, I finally convinced her she'd never need those 9th grade algebra homework papers. We threw out all except the earliest papers and the creative things. Then we tackled all the little things boxes. Little dolls, little animals, little charms, and broken stuff. I mean broken as in "what was that" broken. And dirt. There was one box where she had, apparently, dust mopped the floor with all it's little bits and pieces - Barbie shoes, doll accessories, play jewelry, etc. - with accompanying dirt and put it in a box. How many years have I been storing the dirt off her floor?! In the end, we had about 15 bags of garbage. Before your eyes get too big, these were the tall kitchen garbage bags, not the big black trash bags. Still no small amount. All this was kept in the room at the shop that will be the office. She still has close to 20 plastic storage boxes full, but I can deal with that, knowing everything holds special memories for her. I just hope she'll eventually - maybe in the not so distant future - have a house large enough to store these things herself.
I'm afraid my dad and his wife will come over tonight (they've been on vacation), so I must clean the house today. I never minded too much if my mother saw my house in a horrible mess, but Momma passed away in 1999. The new wife doesn't "get" me. She certainly doesn't understand the addiction to used junk and her house is neat as a pen, so I know she doesn't understand why mine isn't. They never seem to drop by when it is clean. Only when it's at it's worst. I feel like a kid trying to win the approval of a grown up. I don't want her to think badly of Daddy's Little Girl, but I know she does. I'll never measure up, but I do keep trying. Why do I lose all confidence when I'm around her? I should just think, "This is it, like it or not" and not worry about it. So probably, it's my own inadequacy and the way I feel about myself that's coming into play here. Phew! Wouldn't a psychologist or psychiatrist have a great time with me?!
Oh! Any scrapbookers who might be interested, I listed a huge collection of 1970s-80s greeting cards this week on eBay. Some are whole cards and some are already cut out flowers and things. The link at the top left of this page should take you to my auctions and store.