My blog has moved and changed names!

You will be automatically redirected to the new blog, Just Vintage Home. If that does not occur, visit
http://justvintagehome.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, August 23, 2007

My quest for turquoise candles is over!

I've finally found them! I think I briefly mentioned looking for turquoise candles before. The only place I could find them was on the internet and I wasn't about to order them in this heat. I'd looked EVERY-WHERE. Everywhere except my home town, I'm ashamed to admit. Well, actually I'd looked in Wal-Mart and one of the dollar stores, but neglected the nice gift shop in town. Why?? She shrugs. I dunno. But they had them. Eight of them and I bought them all. Erin, my daughter, needed some, too and hadn't been able to find any. I rarely buy "new" anything and at nearly $3 each, had a bit of a sticker shock on these, too. Just not as bad as on the frame for the yard long print.

See how nicely they go with my turquoise pottery? I had a bluer blue in mind, but I think this color is really the best match. I'll dig out more crystal candlesticks and probably group them on the coffee table instead of the mantle, but just had to see them with the pottery. I took a picture of the candles and pottery on the other side of the mantle, but when I resized the picture I saw a white string and a fabric swatch on the corner and decided not to show that part of the mess. At least the picture doesn't show the dust....does it???



It's funny, too how the picture emphasizes the different colors of the pottery that I don't notice when looking at them in the room.

My husband was off yesterday and we rode over to Georgia for lottery tickets. Ahem, I should say winning lottery tickets. I've told my friends that when we win we'll have to move, but I'll keep in touch.

The day trip to Georgia took me away from the drapes and I've read blogs all day today. The drapes are calling and it's time for my husband to come home from work. I sure don't want him to think I've wasted the day, so I'd better get busy.