Just a quick note today. I'm getting a new computer room! We decided this on the spur of the moment three days ago. My husband built a large room on the end of the house for his shop and the old utility room/workshop will become the "office". This sounds exciting, and it is, but it's far from the ideal space. It's 15' long and just over 4' wide. Quite a challenge.
We started remodeling this 50 year old house that we've lived in since 1977 exactly one year ago. I'd hoped to be through by Halloween. Then Thanksgiving was my new goal. Missed that one, too. Maybe by Christmas. Nope. Now it's back to hoping to be completely through by Halloween.
I'll try to post some pictures of the office renovation when I'm not trying to keep my husband safe. I was in the kitchen this morning when I heard the nail gun shoot, then ka-blam, blam, blam, then his voice, "Oh, no". "Are you alright?" The painful reply came, "No, I'm not." In a bit of a panic, I ran in to see what had happened. He raised his hand from his forehead, revealing blood all over his face, dripping down his arm, all over the floor..... To put it bluntly, it scared the mess outta me! From a previous experience, my first thought was that he'd shot himself in the head with the nail gun. I'll have to tell y'all about the finishing nail through the hand story, but will save that for later. A board had fallen and hit him on the head. If you've never seen a forehead cut, let me tell you they produce copious amounts of blood. Mix that with sweat and you've got a mess. We got the wound cleaned up and saw that it wasn't as bad as it looked. He opted not to get stitches. His tetnus shot is up to date from the nail in his hand.
There is never a dull moment at our house. If you've ever seen the Chevy Chase Vacation movies, you have an idea of our lives.
Til tomorrow................
Wanda