My blog has moved and changed names!

You will be automatically redirected to the new blog, Just Vintage Home. If that does not occur, visit
http://justvintagehome.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Dud weekend

It's after midnight Sunday morning and I'm not sleepy. I could have drifted off at 10:00 a.m., but not now. So I thought I'd just post a little something. Then I realized I really have nothing much to talk about today!

It was a dud weekend for the sales, so I went to Michael's. I did find a frame for my yard long print. We'll have to cut it down just a bit and repaint it, but it was half price. Only cost $17! A far cry from the $120 it would have cost to put it in a custom frame I wasn't even sure I liked. For $17 we can afford to experiment with color.

I called my best friend from the 7th grade through high school to meet me while I was in the area. We met at the Cheesecake Factory and had a lovely afternoon of talking, eating and shopping. We're still great friends after 40 years. No! Can't be! 40? Nope. That's wrong. Not 40. Thirty nine. Whew! Scared me for a minute there. I thought we might be getting old! Ha! Never! We don't get together nearly enough. She lives north of Birmingham and I live south of there. We're a "right fer piece" from each other and she has a full time job. It's just not easy to get together.

I'll leave you with a little antique dealer's joke.

Five antique dealers were stranded on a deserted island with one chest of drawers and they all made a living.

(You might have to be a dealer to get that one.)