
One of my most favorite childhood Christmas decorations was a little, six piece, pine cone elf band. I loved putting it on an end table or some special spot every year. They came in a box, each elf with his own compartment. When Christmas was over, I'd lovingly put each elf back in his place. We took really good care of these little guys. At some point after I moved out, Momma put them in a yard sale. Remember, she just didn't care for all those dime store ornaments. I was heart broken and have looked for that band ever since. Oh, I've found it, alright. A bit more than I can afford. Just a tad. No, I'm holding out until I find one for a few dollars at a sale instead of $50+ on eBay or in a shop - that's when that exact set even comes up for sale. In the meantime, I've collected these onesies. Most were a dime or a quarter each. Occasionally there will be two or three together, but usually it's just one. And none of these are exactly like the ones from my childhood.


The wire trees in these two pictures are new. Bought last year on clearance.

~~~~~~
I've been on the road this week shopping. Looking for a fake Christmas tree (That's a story for another day.) and a mid week, estate "pre" sale. Another day's story. You all have been prolific writers while I've been away. Add that to last week's blog updates I haven't got to read yet, well let's just say I'm way behind. I might end up having to start fresh. I need to list some things on eBay tonight and probably won't get to read many blogs. If I haven't gone in and commented on your blog lately, I apologize. I'm trying to get around to everyone, but feel hopelessly behind. I'll be gone all day again tomorrow, too. Maybe next week will calm down some. I sure hope so.


The wire trees in these two pictures are new. Bought last year on clearance.

~~~~~~
I've been on the road this week shopping. Looking for a fake Christmas tree (That's a story for another day.) and a mid week, estate "pre" sale. Another day's story. You all have been prolific writers while I've been away. Add that to last week's blog updates I haven't got to read yet, well let's just say I'm way behind. I might end up having to start fresh. I need to list some things on eBay tonight and probably won't get to read many blogs. If I haven't gone in and commented on your blog lately, I apologize. I'm trying to get around to everyone, but feel hopelessly behind. I'll be gone all day again tomorrow, too. Maybe next week will calm down some. I sure hope so.