My blog has moved and changed names!

You will be automatically redirected to the new blog, Just Vintage Home. If that does not occur, visit
http://justvintagehome.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, November 8, 2007

The auction junk..... I mean "treasures"

Finally, I got pictures of the goods from the auction on Saturday. Not only did I get all this, I think I picked up a bug. I, who never gets sick, have the crud. Ran a fever yesterday and last night. Now, I'm stopped up and coughing, which I'll assume means I'm on the mend. The pictures are not very good, but I'm not inclined at the moment to try to make them better.

~~~~

Before I show the pictures, I just want to apologize to everyone. I want to look at everybody's blogs, but it takes about 3 hours out of the day to check to see if they've been updated, read those that have and leave comments. So I tried Feedmailer. I told y'all about it a few weeks ago. It would let me know of just enough updates that it took awhile for me to suspect it wasn't sending everyone's new posts. Boy, was it not! I've now subscribed to two other RSS to email services and have been inundated with updates! So maybe, between the three services, I'll be notified of everyone's new posts. The other two? Send Me RSS and RSSFwd. I really like getting the updates through email. Now, on to the pictures.

~~~~
Almost everything I bought I'm going to keep or give as gifts or trash. The gifts, are not pictured. Don't want to ruin the surprise.





I've been wanting to start a collection of the convex glass silhouettes. This makes two. The other I've had since my 27 year old was a child. The two landscapes will go with my cottage print collection. The one on the bottom might not. The scene doesn't fit and it's badly torn, but the frame is a good color for the hall.
~~~




I paid too much for this dinky table and messed up on the picture. Don't know how I ended up with two of the same picture. I don't know what it is. Smoking stand? Shoe shine? It's pretty small. Only about 2-1/2' tall. That piece of wood on top was put there afterward. Wonder what was supposed to go there? In the middle picture, you can see the groove to hold something. Glass? The groove is only at the top and bottom. That'll be a challenge to fix. Not my challenge, though. I'd never figure that one out. Any ideas what should go there to make it pretty?
~~~




I was happy to get this pretty Miss.
~~~





A box lot of pictures I paid WAYYYYYY too much for. The three I pictured first came out of here and the ones at the end of the post. There were some advertising prints with thermometers and that round picture is one of those pictures on tin they did in the 1930s. It has a picture of a small child surrounded by painted flowers and stuff. There are also some old group photographs and a 1925 calendar with a photo of children.
~~~~



Can you tell anything at all about this picture? Why is is so small?? I don't think I told it to be that tiny. But, hey. I'm sick. I've got an excuse....today. There's a desk insert that I may or may not use or can use in the new office at home that has been seriously put on the back burner. On the floor are chalkware bunnies that will go in my collection and some other crummy chalkware. Really bad. On top is a collection of ink wells, iron paperweights, a stand up perpetual calendar and two painted lamp globes.
~~~~



Tiffany collects the Cupid Awake and Asleep pictures and whatever else these pictures are called. I really should give these to her. I'm hoping she thinks she has enough. I didn't intentionally set out to collect these. After all, my friend has this collection and, even though we all like a lot of the same things, I try not to duplicate what everyone else is doing, but I'd certainly have kept them if she wasn't collecting them. They just fall into my hands. What's a girl to do? The one below started it. I didn't think Tiffany would want one in such bad condition and hers are all small and that one's really big, so........



Am I bad for wanting to keep them? The color is perfect with the color of my walls - which look "off" in the picture. I have some nice Christmas gifts lined up for Tiff. Will you forgive me, Tiffany? Please?

~~~~~~
Now, I'm off to read all those updates in my email!