My blog has moved and changed names!

You will be automatically redirected to the new blog, Just Vintage Home. If that does not occur, visit
http://justvintagehome.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Award time!



Some time ago, it seems like ages now, but it was just last month, I was given the You Make Me Smile Award. I've never got around to passing it along. I feel so bad about that! I'm sending it on to Lena at White Cats and Roses. You all know she and I are yard sale buds, but it goes much deeper than that. There's hardly anything we don't know about each other's innermost thoughts and feelings. Lena, you truly make me smile.



I was thrilled that Joy honored me with her brand new creation, the You Make Me Laugh Award! I'm with great company, too. Take a look and see who all else got this award. The Joy Of....

This one, I'm passing along to Kim at Vintage Rescue Squad. I've had a lot of fun reading her blog. Her yard saling reminds me so much of my life.

I really should make an effort to send these awards out to more people. All of you deserve them! I can even think of several without any effort. I've made some great Blogland friends. I'm enjoying knowing each and every one of you. But time to do that is not a luxury I have at the moment.

~~~~
I've been cleaning today. I think I've alluded to the fact that I'm not exactly Suzie Homemaker. During our married life, our arguments were always about my bad housekeeping and money. Ricky's finally accepted I'm not his mother and the kids are out of college and on their own, so we don't argue much any more. I tend to put off cleaning the house until it's a three or four day job. It gets so bad before I clean, I'm saying, "How did it get this bad? Why did I let it get this bad? How many dead bug bodies are behind that desk? Ack! A live bug! Will I get it clean in this lifetime?" My dad and step mother only show up when the dust is forming it's own mountain, dust bunnies and spider webs are hanging in sheets below the furniture,and we have to clean off places to sit. I actually heard my step mother mutter something about me needing a maid as she was leaving one time. That's the God's honest truth. She said that!

This morning I got up a ball of fire, determined to do that job in one day. Wanna guess how far I got? One room. One lousy room! And I didn't even get completely through with it. I'll keep working for a while tonight. Now, that room does have the computer area and I've tackled it. That's taken most of my time. It's that area that's still messy. You ain't seein' the before picture until I have an after, though. LOL

Tomorrow, we're supposed to get the rest of the big pieces from the booth and paint the trim at the shop. Opening day is getting closer and closer. I'm not setting a date. It'll happen when it happens.