
Yes, I survived the dinner Friday night and have been recuperating all weekend. It was a smashing success. Lots of laughs and good food. We ended up with 30 people here, only 4 of those were small children. Twenty six adults were sitting around eating and there was food left over! We had a lot of food. We still have a lot of food. We've been eating the same meals twice a day for a couple of days now, and eating some of the dessert for breakfast, mid afternoon snack and dessert after supper (or dinner depending on where you live). We're getting tired of it, but don't like to waste anything. Can you freeze dressing?
My dad and step mother came home early from their little vacation and came over for the fun. Ricky's three sisters and one of his brothers were here. Plus their kids and grandkids. I'd managed to get the house clean except for Erin's room, which is my sewing room/throw-it-in-here-when-I-don't-know-what-else-to-do-with-it-room. The door was closed to that room. I did make one cleaning mistake. There was a dead bug by the window next to the big dining room table. I'd meant to get it up and forgot. Guess where my step mother chose to sit? Um hmm. The chair right beside the bug. I'm hoping she was watching the plate and the chair and didn't see that big ol' bug. Anyone else seeing that bug would not have bothered me at all. She's the only person I cared if she saw it. And she sits right next to it! Wouldn't you know it?
I was able to get a lot of the Christmas decorations out and placed in their spots during the day Friday and will be sharing pictures throughout the month. I thought the cherub pictured above was appropriate to herald in the season. He's not old, only 10 years or so, a gift from a former piano student and I've always enjoyed using him. I've got a long way to go with decorating, but I can see the end. I think.
The weekend rest is over now. Back to life. Yesterday, it was so dreary, I laid on the sofa and watched TV all afternoon, drifting in and out of sleep. I never do this! But I sure did yesterday. Today, my back hurts from all that lying around. But I did get to see Pirates of the Caribbean, The Curse Of the Black Pearl. I'd never seen any of the three Pirates movies. Now I want to see the other two. I'd forgotten Johnny Depp "channeled" Keith Richards for the role. Remembered that real quick. LOL So today is dreary too, but I'm resisting the urge to be completely and utterly lazy. I need to do stuff. And I got way behind reading everyone's blogs. Need to start cruising. Right now, I'm getting hungry. Hmmmm....wonder what's in the fridge? Oh, yeah. I remember. Green bean casserole, dressing, gravy and cranberry sauce, sweet potato casserole, chicken salad, macaroni and cheese, slaw, cheesecake and bread pudding. Sigh. It sounds so good, and it is. I'm just needing a hamburger or something.
My dad and step mother came home early from their little vacation and came over for the fun. Ricky's three sisters and one of his brothers were here. Plus their kids and grandkids. I'd managed to get the house clean except for Erin's room, which is my sewing room/throw-it-in-here-when-I-don't-know-what-else-to-do-with-it-room. The door was closed to that room. I did make one cleaning mistake. There was a dead bug by the window next to the big dining room table. I'd meant to get it up and forgot. Guess where my step mother chose to sit? Um hmm. The chair right beside the bug. I'm hoping she was watching the plate and the chair and didn't see that big ol' bug. Anyone else seeing that bug would not have bothered me at all. She's the only person I cared if she saw it. And she sits right next to it! Wouldn't you know it?
I was able to get a lot of the Christmas decorations out and placed in their spots during the day Friday and will be sharing pictures throughout the month. I thought the cherub pictured above was appropriate to herald in the season. He's not old, only 10 years or so, a gift from a former piano student and I've always enjoyed using him. I've got a long way to go with decorating, but I can see the end. I think.
The weekend rest is over now. Back to life. Yesterday, it was so dreary, I laid on the sofa and watched TV all afternoon, drifting in and out of sleep. I never do this! But I sure did yesterday. Today, my back hurts from all that lying around. But I did get to see Pirates of the Caribbean, The Curse Of the Black Pearl. I'd never seen any of the three Pirates movies. Now I want to see the other two. I'd forgotten Johnny Depp "channeled" Keith Richards for the role. Remembered that real quick. LOL So today is dreary too, but I'm resisting the urge to be completely and utterly lazy. I need to do stuff. And I got way behind reading everyone's blogs. Need to start cruising. Right now, I'm getting hungry. Hmmmm....wonder what's in the fridge? Oh, yeah. I remember. Green bean casserole, dressing, gravy and cranberry sauce, sweet potato casserole, chicken salad, macaroni and cheese, slaw, cheesecake and bread pudding. Sigh. It sounds so good, and it is. I'm just needing a hamburger or something.