My blog has moved and changed names!

You will be automatically redirected to the new blog, Just Vintage Home. If that does not occur, visit
http://justvintagehome.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Thank you everyone for the "well" wishes. I'm still sniffling, but feel great. Got over the yucks pretty quickly. Thank God.

Lena and I haven't been able to go to the sales together in weeks. She's had other things to do. She has a life. A mini vacation one weekend, college football another and another. Not that I'm jealous or anything........ But we finally got together this morning. Headed straight for an estate sale. And waited. And waited. And waited. It became evident pretty quick nothing was going to happen, but we couldn't leave just in case. The neighbor across the street capitalized on the advertised sale by having one herself, but she has them quite often and didn't have much. She said she had not seen anyone at the neighbor's house working at all. We don't know what happened, but it sure wasn't the sale.

We hit just about every other sale in town, though. It was a slow day for stuff. Lena got a great, aqua/turquoise/that-color-I-can't-figure-out-it's-name trunk. I didn't say so, but I secretly wished I'd asked about it first. Maybe she'll picture it on her blog. I found a cool, art deco, gas, space heater and a few other things, but didn't get pictures today, so I'll talk about them later.

I did get a picture of these poodles. While I was contemplating the space heater, Lena was digging through a box and found these spaghetti poodles -- and handed them to me! How sweet was that!


The cold paint is coming off their accessories, but I love 'em anyway. Can you tell Mrs. Poodle has black cat's eye glasses on? Mr. Poodle is holding a top had and cane.

This must have been Be Kind To Wanda weekend. My sweet friend, Ruth, had a yard sale and let me come over the night before. I amazed (probably more likely appalled) her by grabbing up the old Christmas ornaments. Got a bunch of glass balls for Erin who will have her first big Christmas tree this year and is frantically hunting more ornaments. For several years she's used a vintage, small, silver tree she talked me out of. She didn't have a large enough place for anything more, but this year she does and is so excited to be decorating. It's exciting watching her.



The picture isn't all that great, but what else is new for me? Some are, some aren't. The angel, starburst things on the left, the tiny stocking, bottle brush trees, roll of tinsel garland, elf and Santa and sleigh are for me. Notice the pink handle slotted spoon and crocheted piece? I also got Lena some solid color balls and a couple of Santas, but they are already in her possession.

~~~~
I found the larger pictures of the auction items. I can't say they're all that much better, but here they are. Uh, which ones were too small??