My blog has moved and changed names!

You will be automatically redirected to the new blog, Just Vintage Home. If that does not occur, visit
http://justvintagehome.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Angels We Have Heard On High

angels
The angel hanging from the lamp with the arrows pointing to him has been moved. What an unfortunate placement! I didn't realize until sometime after taking this picture that it looks like he's been hung by the neck from a tree. The effect was supposed to be of flying in the air, but that is definitely not how it appears. Now, he hangs on the tall, green vase in the back. Much better.

These are just angels I've picked up through the years and some were gifts. There's no special story about collecting angels. Oh, wait! I was an angel in my first grade Christmas program! So there. Oh, I've got to dig that picture out.

angels2

angels3

angels4

angels5

I've been on the road most of this week. Doing some shopping and tree hunting. Then I decided it was time for a new web host. I had the money and wanted to do it before I spent it elsewhere. I moved one site over to the new host and what a disaster it was! It's all just about straightened out now, but I burned the midnight oil last night before giving up and going to bed. I've also purchased www.justvintagetoo.com. Actually, I didn't have to buy it. I was allowed one free domain name with the new host. I don't know if that will ultimately be the site name, but it's the one I'll play with for now. Another thought was justvintageboutique, but that was harder to type, so I settled for "too". What do you think? "Too" or "Boutique"? Boutique looks better, but it's so long. I still might be able to get justvintage. It expires this month. I'm holding out to see it if gets renewed or not. But all that is so boring. I'm telling you this because I'll eventually be moving my blog to justvintage something and building a whole new website there. This is exciting for me. Snapdragon Antiques has been around for several years, but I'm ready for a whole new look and feel to go with the new shop. I'll probably keep the Snapdragon Antiques website for awhile too.

Ah! Here it is! This was cropped out of a photo of all the angels. It hardly looks like me.

scan
Look at those shoes! I can't believe my mother let me wear those! Bet she didn't know. I'm thinking I still have that costume around here somewhere. Probably in the attic. I know I've still got the pattern. The gold stars were glued onto the dress. Hmmm...where are the wings? I know we had wings......