The @#!#% men-o-pause had it's grip on me yesterday. I'm generally sailing through this time of my life with very few problems or complaints, but yesterday, my anxiety level was through the roof. Very unusual for me. I'm one of the most naturally mellow people you'll ever meet. I don't need mushrooms to make me mellow. (Do they? Isn't that why the Mellow Mushroom is named the Mellow Mushroom??) But yesterday, I was anxious and, as it turns out, extremely weepy. My sister-in-law called and wanted me to go to lunch with her and her daughter. I tried to beg off, but she said her dog had died. How could I refuse lunch knowing that?
As she was telling me the story of how her 13 year old dog had a heart attack and died while she watched helplessly, I started crying. Right there in the middle of the restaurant. Didn't think I'd ever get the tear fountain turned off -- and I didn't even like the dog. Barely even knew her. And the day got worse.
Shortly after leaving the restaurant, riding down the road, minding my own business, a State Trooper clocked me going 61 in a 40 mph zone. I had no idea. Oh, I knew the speed limit and make an effort not to exceed it in that area because they set up there often. I know that! But I wasn't paying attention. So this sweet, young, baby face State Trooper and I had a laugh about our driver's license pictures and stuff in general. All the while this conversatin' was going on, I was thinking, "Oh, dear Lord! I sound just like some of the people they pull over on Cops." And I COULDN'T STOP MYSELF!! He went to his car and came back with a ticket. And I THANKED him!!! "What did I just say??" So as he was walking back to his car, I said, "No, I don't mean thank you, but haha, you know, haha." Good grief! How goofy can you get? I walking away in my side mirror and it looked like he chuckled and shook his head. Yeah, but I've still got a ticket. And one I deserved.
About half a mile later, the tears started flowing again. I could not cut them off for thirty minutes! A song came on the radio that touches my heart. I don't know the official title, but it's Amazing Grace/My Chains Are Gone -- Unending Love..... I was screeching out the words at the top of my lungs and bawling then added laughing, all at the same time. I'm fine today. Pretty much back to normal.
~~~~
I'm extremely honored that Joy at The Joy Of My Life and Work
chose to give me her brand new, You Make Me Laugh award! I'm in with some good company. Thank you, Joy! I've got some award catching up to do, but my husband will be home in a few minutes and I want to spend the rest of the evening with him, so as usual, I'm putting off highlighting the award and passing it along. I should be able to get to that tomorrow.
chose to give me her brand new, You Make Me Laugh award! I'm in with some good company. Thank you, Joy! I've got some award catching up to do, but my husband will be home in a few minutes and I want to spend the rest of the evening with him, so as usual, I'm putting off highlighting the award and passing it along. I should be able to get to that tomorrow.