My blog has moved and changed names!

You will be automatically redirected to the new blog, Just Vintage Home. If that does not occur, visit
http://justvintagehome.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, November 2, 2007

An auction tomorrow

We went to an estate auction preview last Sunday. This auction is so far out in the middle of nowhere.... But I'm really afraid deep pocket people from Atlanta will show up. It's a good one. We were there an hour and didn't see all there was to see. Didn't even go under all the tents! There were at least five tents with four rows each of stuff. The property was large and things were lined up all the way around the fence. There were three(?) outbuildings full and a house full. One room had nothing but pictures and frames with a path to walk through! I took pictures, but they don't begin to hint at the enormous amount of stuff this person collected. A lot of primitives, old toys, paper items, not many girly things.



You can't really tell, but those are advertising signs along the front fence.
~~~

Under one tent actually looking into three more.

~~~

Part - yes, PART - of the crockery collection. This was a huge building full of all kinds of pottery jugs and churns. Hmmm. Don't believe I saw that mirror before. I like it.

~~~

A corner cupboard Erin and I fell in love with. The crackle finish is old and perfect. The piece is really tall, though. Eight or nine feet. This was in a shed full of furniture and pieces of furniture.

~~~

Looking down the side fence.

~~~

The back corner.

~~~

The hope is that there's so much stuff we'll stand a chance just on sheer volume. I normally buy things other people don't think of, but honestly didn't see much of that there. It was all "good". Things everyone knows to buy. Things you can look up in a book. Anyway, we'll get up early in the morning to head to the auction, so I don't know when I'll post again. Saturday night? Sunday? Sometime next week?

Till then...............