
View on the way to one of the sales this weekend. The geese were in the yard of a house then moved on into the water.

My ship didn't come in Friday night, so I was still pretty broke, and thought I'd pass on the sales Saturday morning. But, of course, Saturday morning came around and I just couldn't stay home. I made an excuse of going to the big city to look at fabric and getting an old, yard long print I've been hanging onto and protecting for years, framed. (My husband will pay for all that.) So I picked up the phone and called Ms L. "Wanna go with me?" "Sure!" And aren't we happy we did?!
I get the classified for the big city paper off the internet. There were several, but being broke, I chose only one estate sale and a few yard sales in the same area. With the address loaded into the GPS, we were on our way. The GPS lead us right up to the doorstep, but nothing was going on. Sometimes, the search engine for the classifieds won't let me do just that day's ads and I have to get the ads for the week which include last weekend's sales. This was one of those times. Shoot! Time wasted. Not trusting the yard sales to be correct, we chose another estate sale we knew to be the right day.
This sale, if you looked at the big picture, had loads of potential. However, that didn't hold true when you looked at each item. Ms L got a croquet set from the basement that had a squirrels nest in the box and put it in my trunk!. Actually, it looked more like a rats nest to me, but maybe I'm wrong. I was a little afraid a critter would jump out on me while I was driving down the interstate, but was assured the home was abandoned. Ms L did shake the nest out and put it in a bag first. I thank her for that. I bought a few things there, but it must not have been worth a flip. I can't remember a thing now.
Trying to make room for her box, since my trunk was full of my male mannequin, I dropped the seat down on my yard long print and broke it! The print, not the seat. I was sick. That print that I'd protected all those years was totally ruined now. It had recently got wet on one end when I squirted WetJet cleaner too close to it, but I figured I could cut that part off. Now the brittle cardboard is broken. I might see if Kinko's can make a copy. If not, well that's one more piece of clutter out of my life.
While we were at that sale, we overheard someone say there was another sale near there, the house was packed and everything was half price! We got the address and breathlessly took off for that sale.
Wow! Even second day, half price there were tons of things just waiting to be bought! Among other things, I came home with a primitive, hand made, child's (or doll's) cabinet and a vintage, child's furry hat and muff.
We were - or I was - spent out at that point and headed for Hobby Lobby, but on the way saw an estate sale sign. Yes. We followed it and it turned out to be the highlight of the day! I couldn't afford anything, but just the look was worth the visit. It turned out not to be an estate sale, but a moving sale. An antique dealer moving sale. An antique dealer with great taste moving sale. She had decorated that house exactly like I'd like to decorate mine. Country French with fabulous primitives. We stayed and talked and all made fast friends. Ms L actually spent $80 there! She had made $200 on eBay last week. I had rent to pay and just couldn't spare any change. Boohoo!
Ms L, please add everything I left out in the comments! So much was packed into that day I just can't remember it all!
We met the sweetest little doggie, Pun'kin at the last sale. She was gracious enough to let me take one, but only one, picture.