My blog has moved and changed names!

You will be automatically redirected to the new blog, Just Vintage Home. If that does not occur, visit
http://justvintagehome.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Deadlines and sales

My son's coming in for his 10 year class reunion this weekend. They live 12 hours from us and we don't get to see them very often. They'll only be here through the weekend, so guess I won't get to go to many sales. Maybe some on Friday.

A friend called this afternoon and said she saw a sign in front of a house that said "moving sale" tomorrow with antiques. I got pretty excited then realized we're supposed to go to my daughter's in the morning. Oh, no! I've got to make time to do both! My husband has to be back by lunch to go to work, daughter lives just over an hour away and I don't know what time this sale starts. I just hope my husband is understanding when I want to stop at a sale on the way out of town. Not counting on it, though. He's destination oriented and doesn't like detours or delays.

Tomorrow night and Friday I'll be frantically trying to finish cleaning the house. It's such a mess! We've been in project mode for a year now. Totally remodeled, doing almost all the work ourselves. (I mostly just stood around and watched or passed the tools like a nurse at an operating table.) There's so much still undone. It's hard to clean around a construction zone. Plus, I just don't have the heart when I know it's not going to look the way I'd like with doors off the cabinets. I'll just have to be satisfied with dusting and mopping and straightening as best I can. I might not be blogging for a few days.