
Snowmen seemed appropriate for today. Our high was 77 °. But I just heard on the weather report a rumor of snow flurries this weekend! That's weather in Alabama for ya.
We're still home. Who knows when we'll get outta here? It's such an ordeal for us to go anywhere. Ricky was determined the yard and carport would be clean before we left and the warm weather has had him working outside all day yesterday and today. It looks good, too.
This is the snowman collection. I'd say 99% of them are 1960s and earlier. The fence is a Christmas fence from the 1940s or so. The box is as cool as the fence. Hmmm... Where'd I put the box? I got lucky at an auction a few years ago. I couldn't stay and left bids on a bunch of Christmas lots and won most of them! The fence came from that auction. The snowmen are from here, there and everywhere.
We're still home. Who knows when we'll get outta here? It's such an ordeal for us to go anywhere. Ricky was determined the yard and carport would be clean before we left and the warm weather has had him working outside all day yesterday and today. It looks good, too.
This is the snowman collection. I'd say 99% of them are 1960s and earlier. The fence is a Christmas fence from the 1940s or so. The box is as cool as the fence. Hmmm... Where'd I put the box? I got lucky at an auction a few years ago. I couldn't stay and left bids on a bunch of Christmas lots and won most of them! The fence came from that auction. The snowmen are from here, there and everywhere.


Everyone loves the roller coaster. I had it until I was in about the 7th grade, maybe longer before it was sold or given away. It was only in the house for Christmas and, like Meggie's, it went from the living room to the kitchen. When I was small it seemed so large, but as I grew, even though I was still pretty small, it shrunk. It only stood about 2-1/2' - 3' tall at the highest point. We rolled down that little hill and up another, smaller hill before coasting off the end. Yes, it was tons of fun. All my friends loved to ride, no matter their age. My babysitter loved it just as much as I did. I think Santa's elves made them for Sears. Or maybe Santa bought it from Sears.