
Me at just over a year old. I didn't know what to make of that Santa, but got comfortable enough with him pretty quick:

And he soon became a very close friend.

(I wish I could get my hands on those figurines on the corner shelf now, not to mention the toys!)
I don't know if Santa was new that year or if he'd been around awhile, but he has stuck with me and I've loved him every Christmas of my life. My kids grew up with him, too. He's become a tradition in our family. He's much worse for wear now, having lived in the attic, he became brittle and beat up and we burned a too strong light bulb in him causing a brown spot on his front. We say he has heart burn. He has a couple of friends now, but he's still our favorite.

~~~~~~

I've collected a lot more Santas through the years. Most of these are older. Some, usually a gift, are "new". I just found a box of Santa and angel candles yesterday, after this picture was taken. I think I need some greenery or something at the top of the mirror. The Merry Christmas banner is the one I grew up with.

Look at the expression on the big guy on the left. Wonder what he saw? The fellow sitting in front of him is probably my oldest and the round headed guy on the far right is a bobble head.


I'm not sure if any of these are originals from my childhood. I just don't remember if any of them stayed around or were sold, but the smaller, pointy hat Santas are like the ones we had.
~~~~~~
In spite of decorating and Christmas shopping, I just can't seem to get in the Christmas spirit. It just doesn't seem like Christmas for some reason, but it's always like that for me. I seem to be ready for Christmas by February.
My darlin' daughter has done me a disservice. She works three twelves, so she's off four days a week and has started watching The Waltons every morning. Now, she knows how much I've always loved The Waltons and will tell me which episode was on the day before and what it was about. Well, now I get up every morning and turn on The Waltons. And watch TV for TWO HOURS!! I should be walking to get healthier...erm...lose this weight... or cleaning or something constructive. I feel so guilty. I'm thankful for the luxury of not having to work, but feel terrible that Ricky goes off to work every day, working doubles (not by choice), basically working and sleeping and I'm watching TV for two hours in the mornings and not cooking and cleaning like a good Olivia Walton... I mean Domestic Goddess. If I'd make up for it the rest of the day, I wouldn't feel so bad, but I don't. You see, I was supposed to be a Princess or at least an heiress, but there was some mix-up before I was born. Or I could have listened to Momma when she told me it was just as easy to love a rich man as it was to love a poor man. But you know what? I love my hubby and my parents and wouldn't trade any of them for all the riches in the world.
~~~~~~
My darlin' daughter has done me a disservice. She works three twelves, so she's off four days a week and has started watching The Waltons every morning. Now, she knows how much I've always loved The Waltons and will tell me which episode was on the day before and what it was about. Well, now I get up every morning and turn on The Waltons. And watch TV for TWO HOURS!! I should be walking to get healthier...erm...lose this weight... or cleaning or something constructive. I feel so guilty. I'm thankful for the luxury of not having to work, but feel terrible that Ricky goes off to work every day, working doubles (not by choice), basically working and sleeping and I'm watching TV for two hours in the mornings and not cooking and cleaning like a good Olivia Walton... I mean Domestic Goddess. If I'd make up for it the rest of the day, I wouldn't feel so bad, but I don't. You see, I was supposed to be a Princess or at least an heiress, but there was some mix-up before I was born. Or I could have listened to Momma when she told me it was just as easy to love a rich man as it was to love a poor man. But you know what? I love my hubby and my parents and wouldn't trade any of them for all the riches in the world.
~~~~~~
We're having girls night out tonight to celebrate my and another friend's birthday. Hers is actually today. Or was it yesterday? Mine was last week. We always have a fine time when we get together. We're going to try to have our Christmas party here at my house. I hope we can find a time we can all get together. I'll be gone to Florida most of next week, so it'll have to be this weekend or the week before Christmas.
We're having girls night out tonight to celebrate my and another friend's birthday. Hers is actually today. Or was it yesterday? Mine was last week. We always have a fine time when we get together. We're going to try to have our Christmas party here at my house. I hope we can find a time we can all get together. I'll be gone to Florida most of next week, so it'll have to be this weekend or the week before Christmas.