My blog has moved and changed names!

You will be automatically redirected to the new blog, Just Vintage Home. If that does not occur, visit
http://justvintagehome.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Oh my, what a day!

The same ol', same ol' has been my life lately, but today changed all that. We went to The Home Depot. Shopped, paid and took everything out to the truck. All's fine. I put the buggy (cart to most of the US) in the buggy corral, turned around, stepped on a rock, stumbled to the right, stumbled to the left and went down. Face first. I ate up the pavement. I jumped up and blood was pouring out of my mouth. I knew I'd hit my teeth and was afraid I'd lost the two front teeth or at best broken them. Ricky turned around to see me leaning over pouring blood. He thought someone had hit me. Isn't that just how a man would think? He said if anyone had been around he'd have lit into them.

We didn't know whether to go to the emergency room, doctor's office or dentist, but because of the blood, elected the emergency room. It turned out that the blood was a really bad cut inside my upper lip. My lip is swollen and I'll be bruised all around my face. My teeth are intact, but one was pushed back, so I went to the dentist who took x-rays. All looked good in the x-rays and he gave me a wooden stick to bite on to push the tooth back in place. I thought it would take time and was biting on the stick this evening and it popped back into place all at once. Scared me! I thought I've really broken it this time, but I guess not. Armed with Loritab I daren't not take for a day or two, I'll be just fine.

~~~~~

Now, here's this past weekend's loot. Not so very much, but I don't regret anything, so that's good.

italianpictures
Small Italian pictures.

cameopicture
Large cameo. The frame is a couple of feet tall. Can you see the pink on the inside of the design?


2-16-08
Always a sucker for rust and green handles, but a green handle squeegee? That might be carrying it a bit too far.
Also in this picture is a little porcelain drawer with brown roosters on it and a blue Swanky Swig.

I forgot to get a picture of the old blue, wooden, ice cream freezer. Don't know if it works and there are no paddles, but that's not why I bought it. I liked the blue, wooden freezer.

~~~~~~

businesscardpicoptimized
I don't think I've shown y'all the picture I'm thinking of using for the business cards, have I? This copy is optimized too much. It actually is clearer than this. I don't know how well it will translate into a small size, though. I'd use it on the left side of the card. Regardless, I just love that picture and it's definitely going on the web site's "about us" page.