My blog has moved and changed names!

You will be automatically redirected to the new blog, Just Vintage Home. If that does not occur, visit
http://justvintagehome.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, March 10, 2008

Sales in the snow

Obviously my life is still not back to normal as can be seen by my lack of posting and reading/commenting. Last week was a week of appointments. Tuesday was my annual gyn, Wednesday was the cat's annual and the dentist to repair my tooth and Thursday was hair day. Friday? Erm......ummm...Friday? Not a clue. I do remember there were no sales to speak of, so I stayed in. Saturday, however was more interesting.

We woke up to a blizzard. OK, we might have got an accumulation of 1/2", but man, that snow was coming down! I watched the weather and road closings and by 10:00 was on my way. I'd called Lena to see if she wanted to ride with me. She'd not been to any sales in awhile and was antsy to get out too, so off we went.

I did realize before we left that my finances were in dire need of......money. I was broke. Ricky has been sweet enough to pay the rent on the shop until we get it open and I've not worked much at selling. eBay usually provides a cash flow, but I haven't been doing much there resulting in poverty for me. Would I let a lack of funds keep me from an estate sale? Why, no! Why would you think that?

We went to one sale. There were a couple of things I couldn't afford and talked Lena into buying them, but here's what I came home with:

3-11-1
Platter, plate and bowl, clown glass, darning egg, McCoy? cornucopia flowerpot and a little picture made in Italy. Oh, and a small towel bar to match the larger towel bar I found two weeks ago.

3-11-3
Suzy Homemaker juicer, two Santa tidbit trays, a cool, plastic salad set (not washed yet) and a box of 1960s Christmas Cards.

3-11-2
Lady Sunbeam blow dryer, blown glass hanging lamp - only the shade is pictured - and an old sprinkler that's in worse condition than I realized, but I have two friends who collect sprinklers. I'll be able to make them a heck of a deal. The blow dryer is in worse condition than I realized, too and will most likely go straight to a yard sale.

3-11-4
Here, I thought I was buying a bag of butterfly specimens. It turned out that was only a small portion of the bag. A little disappointing, but I'd have paid the price of all this for just those two packs of butterflies, so the rest was a bonus. There's a butterfly made from peacock feathers, two packs of dyed fern fronds, two Jim Dandy puppy prints and four outdoorsman prints.

It's amazing what you can find with little more than pocket change.

~~~~~~

I'd like to introduce you to my friend and step sister-in-law's blog, if you haven't already met her. Lynn and I met when my father married her husband's mother six years ago. Her blog shows the progress of the renovation on their antique house. So pretty! She's also a very talented seamstress and craftsperson. Swamp Girl