The same mantle that gets decorated for every major holiday is all decked out for Easter. I'm quite proud of myself for taking the time out to decorate it. We'll just pretend the antique Christmas tree stands holding Christmas candles are not on the hearth below. That's all the Christmas that's still out! I promise! No, I lie. Sigh. There are still boxes in the dining room that need to be put in the attic. But here's Easter!

And See Peter Cottontail?

He was a 2007 acquisition. I've been searching for him for years and years. Oh, I'd find one occasionally, but his ears would be missing or he wouldn't make music or he'd be outrageously expensive, but this one just appeared at the antique mall Lena and I were in (she still is), in great condition and at a price I approved of. Let me explain why I wanted him so badly.
I had one as a child. I actually only have one real memory of playing with him. We were staying with my mother's parents. It had something to do with selling our old house and moving into the new one, but we sold it to those same grandparents, so that doesn't make sense. I'll have to ask Daddy about that. I was 4 or 5 years old while we were staying there and have a few very distinct memories about the house and the stay. I remember the little bedroom the three of us slept in. I remember there was a creek by the house. Ha. Some creek. It was the textile mill's dye ditch, but the street's name was Creek Street, so by the house we called it a creek. A block away we called it the dye ditch. I remember my mother trying to get me to swallow an aspirin. I couldn't do it, so she put it in a banana. Still couldn't do it. I don't remember the outcome of that, but it was all very traumatic. I remember peeping through the keyhole of the bathroom trying to see what my uncle's you-know-what looked like. My daddy was very modest, I didn't have any brothers and my boy cousins lived far away. Not that I'd have asked them to see theirs. I didn't see anything through the keyhole, by the way, so my innocence remained. And I remember playing with Peter Cottontail. I just loved him. Who knows what happened to him? Maybe this one was my Peter. Well, it's possible. Let me have my fantasy, OK?
I had one as a child. I actually only have one real memory of playing with him. We were staying with my mother's parents. It had something to do with selling our old house and moving into the new one, but we sold it to those same grandparents, so that doesn't make sense. I'll have to ask Daddy about that. I was 4 or 5 years old while we were staying there and have a few very distinct memories about the house and the stay. I remember the little bedroom the three of us slept in. I remember there was a creek by the house. Ha. Some creek. It was the textile mill's dye ditch, but the street's name was Creek Street, so by the house we called it a creek. A block away we called it the dye ditch. I remember my mother trying to get me to swallow an aspirin. I couldn't do it, so she put it in a banana. Still couldn't do it. I don't remember the outcome of that, but it was all very traumatic. I remember peeping through the keyhole of the bathroom trying to see what my uncle's you-know-what looked like. My daddy was very modest, I didn't have any brothers and my boy cousins lived far away. Not that I'd have asked them to see theirs. I didn't see anything through the keyhole, by the way, so my innocence remained. And I remember playing with Peter Cottontail. I just loved him. Who knows what happened to him? Maybe this one was my Peter. Well, it's possible. Let me have my fantasy, OK?
~~~~~~
The shop seems to be moving along at a snail's pace. It's not really, but I won't think it's flying toward completion until it looks like a shop. But that's when it's finished, isn't it?
We took a couple of the shelves Ricky made down there today and I was able to empty out some more boxes - with room left over! Last week he repaired the ceiling in the back and painted the storage area. That's his idea of getting things ready. Make the area nobody sees look good. Oh, well. It needs to be done, too. It just puts me behind on other things.
If I'm not down there working, I'm home making tags, editing pictures or working on the web site. That's a slow go, too. I've got some PHP showing that I can't figure out how to make disappear. I spend more time searching Zen Cart forums than actually working on the site and not near enough time adding products.
The shop seems to be moving along at a snail's pace. It's not really, but I won't think it's flying toward completion until it looks like a shop. But that's when it's finished, isn't it?
We took a couple of the shelves Ricky made down there today and I was able to empty out some more boxes - with room left over! Last week he repaired the ceiling in the back and painted the storage area. That's his idea of getting things ready. Make the area nobody sees look good. Oh, well. It needs to be done, too. It just puts me behind on other things.
If I'm not down there working, I'm home making tags, editing pictures or working on the web site. That's a slow go, too. I've got some PHP showing that I can't figure out how to make disappear. I spend more time searching Zen Cart forums than actually working on the site and not near enough time adding products.
So that's what's been going on the last 10 days of my life. How 'bout you?
Hippity hoppity Easter's on it's way