My blog has moved and changed names!

You will be automatically redirected to the new blog, Just Vintage Home. If that does not occur, visit
http://justvintagehome.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, January 7, 2008

Am I unusual?

Oh, my! It's been a week since my last blog post! I've been working my tushie off. The store's coming right along. Things are coming out of boxes now. It's all set up with a trial run. At least I can see what's going on and it's beginning to look like a shop. I'm sure everything will change before the opening - whenever that may be - but a girl's gotta start somewhere.

Erin and I went in together and bought a coffee table and a couple of chairs that we'll paint and reupholster. She's got the first half of this week off and will come up tomorrow, so we can start on that.

I've been spending every moment I can at the shop and not much computer time at all. I apologize, but I haven't even read anyone's blog. I miss it, but just won't have time for much of that for a while, yet. I appreciate all your comments and see that I have a few new blog friends. I'll check out your blogs as soon as I can.

I realized that we'll be having our 35 year high school reunion this year (35 years???!!! Yikes!!) and I'm not ready! I need to loose another 30 pounds at least. If I start walking and did what I did last spring, a pound a week.......I won't have enough weeks. Sigh. Anyway, I made up my mind that today I get started on my exercise and healthier eating program. I even have new workout britches which I was going to hem this morning and wear. Erin's room has become the sewing room as well as the I-don't-know-where-to-put-this---throw-it-in-Erin's-room room. So the pants needed serging and when I couldn't find the foot pedal to the serger, I figured it was time to clean her room - after I walked and went to the gym. I drug out another pair of knit pants, but couldn't find an appropriate top that covered my tummy. Ugh. I'll start the exercising part tomorrow. I'll try to clean house, including the sewing room and finish getting Christmas down today. That's right. I still have Christmas all over the place.

So what am I doing to keep from working? Blogging! Ha! Christie from Serenity Now tagged me to tell seven unusual things about me. Am I unusual? I'm sure the rest of the world thinks so, but I'll be darned if I'm not having a hard time coming up with something, but here goes. Let's see how far I can get.

  1. I'm short. I've always claimed 4'10", but I think it is really 4'9-1/2". I was so angry when they put 4'9" on my driver's license! Dang it! I need that extra half inch! I rarely wear flat heeled shoes. All I ever wanted growing up was to be 5'2". When I realized I might not make it, I just hoped for 5'. Nope. God had other plans. I still don't know why. My parents were both 5'2". (I'm still taller than Brenda Lee and too tall to be a Little People person.)
  2. I've only been out of the southeast US three times. One of those was when I was 6 months old. Sad, isn't it? Oh, wait. Make that four times. When my mother was pregnant with me, she went to New York City.
  3. All my youth, I preferred my men to be blond and/or musicians. I fell in love with and married a dark haired, non musical guy.
  4. We've lived in the same house for the past 30 years. I've wanted to move for the last 25. Ricky hasn't.
  5. Ummmmm.......... uh....... hmmmm.......Oh! Even though I'm very short, I don't generally wear petites. Did you know petites aren't supposed to have hips or boobs? Or much length from waist to crotch?
  6. I'm an only child, but very not spoiled. Momma was determined I wouldn't be a spoiled, only child and did everything she could to make it so. Maybe to the extreme.
  7. Ooo-oo! One last thing. Whew! I didn't think I'd make it. I was terribly shy growing up. Painfully so. Don't ever doubt the literal meaning of painfully shy. Actually, I must not have been shy until I was 7 or 8. We lived in Lufkin, Texas for the first half of my second grade year where I was voted most popular girl in the class. Momma said it was only because I was new. (See how she didn't want me to be spoiled and snotty?) When I came back, I expected to be just as popular here, but that didn't happen. It might have, but someone, because of jealousy I now realize, said something hateful to me and I shut up. For the next 8 years. There were other factors involved, but that was a pivotal moment. It wasn't until I got married and went to work that I finally began to really come out of my shell. It's been a lifetime struggle and the old shyness and insecurities still come back from time to time.
Now that that's done and once I've let it sit for awhile, I'm sure I'll think of more interesting things about me that I should have said instead of the lame things I came up with. LOL

OK. Back to work. Hi ho, hi ho, it's back to work I go. Don't know the words, but there are words, hi ho--- hi ho, hi ho, hi ho.......

Edit: Just as I figured, I remembered something else. My driver's license says my eyes are blue. Now, I always wanted blue eyes, but they are green. VERY green. Was the license giver-outter person color blind??